Jin visits the grave of his brother on the way, wood elves are encountered in a cave by a pool and join the party, the statue of a rat god is seen in a clearing, a large, sleeping wolf is bypassed, a cave of bone examined, a gelatinous cube burned into ash, a pack of giant rats sliced up...
New party member, Dafydd, elvish magic-user from Glowing Pines, elaborates:
17th hummingbird
The halfling came up to save me from the bartender, i’m grateful but concerned, talkative folk always unnerve me. Turns out they did indeed venture into this library, but it seems they already looted the place. They seem to be venturing into the nearby caverns i’ve heard that there is something magical about these caverns perhaps it would be beneficial to join them. Also i want to leave town for awhile, i don’t know if that elf is from Glowing Pines or not, but he seems familiar.
We entered into the caves and ran into a group of wood elves. I was cautious at first, but it seems they don’t know me. Their leader Helium the Blue seems an honest fellow. I was thrust into the role of translator for the band of adventurers. I care not for this spider of the church, but magical caverns and an evil rising in the north-east are interesting.
A group of berserkers came upon us. We almost had a fight, but it seems one of their party had joined my new compatriots and died, I hope my fate will be different. We keep finding old potato sacks; it is most curious.
We found a strange statue of a rat-god of some sort. I for one am not into the study of the gods, but it is interesting nonetheless.
We came across some sort of gelatinous monstrosity. My new compatriots are suicidal, they wanted to fight it for treasure! We were lucky to defeat it. We were also lucky that group of orcs that stumbled by was smaller than our group. Among the loot we found three rings, a shield, a hammer and a strange wooden box. I also found a bone flute of some sort.
The wood elves and I were leading the group when we were attacked by giant rats. At first we were too surprised to engage effectively, but after a moment we felled one and all of the beasties. I was bitten quite efficiently, I believe I need a moment of rest. I am beginning to feel that this group may get me killed after all. Won’t that please the citizens of Glowing Pines.
And lastly, some inspired prose from Jinshen the Monk:
12:30 PM, Sunday, 17th day of the month of the Hummingbird, Moor's End, Furthermoor.


No comments:
Post a Comment